Arrival & departure
Here your will find some information on how to get here and how to find your way back home. You will move around during your stay, we show you how to do this in the most efficient way.
Arrival by car
The arrival by car is fairly easy. From Austria you will come on the Westautobahn in direction Saalzburg. From there you will have two options.
- Wals-Lofer, Rad Reichenhall, Lofer Zell am See, Saalfelden, Maishofen, Saalbach Hinterglemm
- Via the highway A 10 from Villach, Bischofshofen, B 311 Zell am See, Maishofen, Saalbach Hinterglemm
If you come form Germany and do not want to buy a highway sticker in Austria, you should go this way:
- Munich-Salzburg Autobahn (A8) to the Siegsdorf exit
- Then in the direction of Inzell
- Continue to a fork with signposting for Lofer
- Cross the frontier at Steinpaß and continue to Lofer
- From there, continue to Saalfelden in the direction of Zell am See
- At Maishofen take the turning into the Glemmtal
- It is then only 14 km to Saalbach
For the arrival from Italy, Slowenia and Croatia please take the Tauern-highway
- Tauernhighway Villach - Salzburg A 10
- Bischofshofen on the Pinzgauer road B 311
- Zell am See - Maishofen
- exit Glemmtal and let's go to Saalbach Hinterglemm
Arrival by train
The arrival by train is not much more complicated - actually it is easier and more relaxing. You get off the train at the Zell am See main station - there are good connections from Salzburg. From the train station Zell am See we organize a shuttle or taxi or transfer to Saalbach Hinterglemm. Just talk to your hotel in advance and a bus will be waiting for you in Zell am See.
Arrival by plane
Those of you who arrive by plane, just fly to Salzburg airport. From there we organize a transfer to Saalbach Hinterglemm. Talk to your hotel in advance, your hosts will be happy to organize a taxi transfer from Salzburg airport to your hotel in Saalbach Hinterglemm. You could take the train from Salzburg zu Zell am See as well and a taxi shuttle is waiting there for you.
Now you know how to get to Saalbach Hinterglemm. Here we have the best hotels for you.
Hungry after the journey? Check out the Maisalm for a huge pizza or a nice salad.
You've already booked your skis or your bike for your time in Saalbach Hinterglemm? Go straight to Sport Gumpold and get the right equipment for the best vacation of the year.